For the past 3 years I have worked, and shopped, at Macey's grocery store. Though I had only shopped at Walmart on a few occasions, I always hated it. I love Macey's and felt proud of myself for sticking it to the man and avoiding the mega-corp small man killer aka Walmart.
This past week, however, I had a coupon and so I went to Walmart to pick up a few things. I started shopping around more and, I hate to say it, but I'm going to have to shopping there regularly. A little piece of me died when I came to this realization.
I changed jobs recently so I no longer get my discount at Macey's and money is a little tight. You can't deny the lower prices. Some day when we're rich, I'll have the luxury of shopping at a store with fast checkout lines, personalized service and friendly faces. Unfortunately, that day is not today and my little dream world has come to an end.
3 comments:
Dream big!
You have to get into couponing! It is amazing! We've saved so much! We're going to Disney World on the money we have saved.
And Meagan is going to take us to Disneyworld on the money that they have saved since I was the one that taught her.
If you can find time to coupon you won't have to shop at Wal-mart...I never go there anymore and I can say that I am totally ecstatic about it..that place is so trashy.
Didn't even know you had a new job. Yeah for the blog.
Remember that Wal-Mart also price matches to all the other stores ads. I did that all that time in Utah. They are very nice about it...not so much in TN.
It's funny to LG and I lately..we used to think we were so poor when we first got married.
We were never really that poor back then. Try to enjoy it. And here's to you guys never having to endure as many years of school that we have :)
Post a Comment